Arbitration Response Form
If you have received an Arbitration Claim form from a claimant and wish to respond, please do the following within the time allowed (see below):
- Complete this Arbitration Response form, including Verification and Proof of Service, print it out, and sign where indicated.
- Make copies of the completed and signed Arbitration Response form for yourself, each other party, and the MAA.
- Serve a copy of the completed and signed Arbitration Response form on the claimant, e.g., by first-class mail or personal delivery.
- Mail the MAA for filing the original and one (1) copy of the completed and signed Arbitration Response form, including Verification and Proof of Service.
- The MAA’s mailing address is MAA Administration, P.O. Box 11466, Newport Beach, CA 92658.
- If you have a counterclaim against the claimant, or a third-party claim against another party, please follow the Instructions to Claimant to initiate arbitration proceedings.
- The completed and signed Arbitration Response form, and any counterclaim or third-party claim, must be mailed to the MAA and served on the other parties no later than twenty (20) days after notice from the MAA of the commencement of arbitration proceedings.
- IF YOU FAIL TO TIMELY RESPOND, AN ARBITRATION AWARD MAY BE MADE AGAINST YOU.
Download PDF Form